Duty Free GuidePrevious
Outbound travelers leaving Korea are eligible to shop duty free
- Customers must pick up their orders from the designated pickup counter in a duty free zone (airport or port) on their departure date.
(Unlike items from general e-commerce stores, duty free items cannot be shipped to your house.)
- Customers are eligible to shop duty free 30 days before their scheduled departure.
※ It is illegal to carry duty free items for or on behalf of another party or person, and both carrier and client may be punished according to the Customs Act.
For more details, please read the customs law terms and conditions of each country.
Under ICAO guidelines, security restrictions on liquids, gels and aerosols are in effect for all international flights departing from Korea after 06:00 AM on March 1st, 2007. Please read the following requirements carefully.
* Liquids and Gels
- Red ginseng extract
- Hair gel
- fountain pens
- water-soluble pens
- lithium batteries
QuestionRestrictions for carrying duty free items on board (direct flights)
- All items packed in a security tamper-evident bag regardless of size and quantity.
- All receipts for your orders must be in or on the security tamper-evident bag.
- All security tamper-evident bags must stay sealed until you are on the plane to your final destination.
QuestionRestrictions for carrying duty free items on board (connecting flights)
- Transit and transfer passengers may be restricted from carrying liquids and gels on board due to carry-on restrictions at certain airports.
- LOTTE Duty Free accepts no responsibility if liquids, gels and aerosols are not allowed on connecting flights or through other airports.
- Liquids, gels and aerosols may be seized according to carry-on restrictions at airports you are passing through. Please contact individual airlines for comprehensive information about baggage rules and restrictions.
- In principle, passengers must carry restricted items in their checked luggage, and it is prohibited to carry either new and unused restricted items on board.
QuestionRegulations for carry-on items
- Store liquids in containers and place the containers in a 20cm x 20cm (or smaller) transparent re-sealable plastic bag with a capacity of 1L or less.
- Capacity: up to 100ml per container and up to 1L per customer.
- The bag must remain sealed while you are on board.
- You are not allowed to carry improperly sealed bags on board.
- Limit one bag per passenger.
- Passengers should inform officers of medically necessary liquids, medications, formula, breast milk, and juice in quantities greater than 100ml.
(Transparent and re-sealable plastic bags are available at airport grocery stores for passengers who do not have their own.)
- ※ Please pack and carry liquids, gels and aerosols in your checked luggage before boarding flights to Korea.
- ※ We recommend you arrive at the airport at least 3 hours prior to your scheduled departure time to account for delays at the security checkpoint.
- ※ Please contact individual airlines for details.
Service Center +82-1688-3020
(KST, Mon to Fri)